Monday, February 21, 2011

From the Drawing Board

I always have a lot of fun designing wheel covers, especially when they are from scratch. Sure I can grab a photo from the internet, and throw some text on there and viola, you got your self a cover. But the ones that I have to use a pencil and paper on, mean the most to me. Sure there are a few more steps, scanning, importing, redrawing with vectors and then finally prepping it to be cut out on vinyl. But that's all part of the process. For the larger orders, I do like the fact that I can now do a direct digital full color print, so that way no one is limited on what they want on their cover.
When I see neat designs, I find it kind of cool to see the original sketches of the idea, and then the build up to the final product.
Here are a few covers that I did from scratch.

For Maverick / Based off of the Toki Doki characters.

From the AZ Desert Polo Invite. The one on the right was for the stickers.

Joey CA's kid goes by 'Boogie Monster' I don't know how else I could have illustrated it. :D But that's what the Boogie wanted! I really dig how this one turned out.

This one is for NOD from AZ. All he said was that he wanted something with the Grim Reaper. This one was a lot of fun to make.

Ideas have to start off somewhere. So even if you have some scribbles on a napkin, send them over. We can make it work!

~Jinxy

No comments:

Post a Comment